I was lucky enough to get to showcase my game last night at the TIFF Nexus Women in New Media Day. In lieu of my normal business card, I decide to do something special and whipped up this little poster for everyone who came to play it.
A key to who’s who follows:
1. Esther 2. Joan of Arc 3. Queen Elizabeth I 4. Marie Antoinette 5. Jane Austen
6. Ada Lovelace 7. Florence Nightingale 8. Harriet Tubman 9. Louisa May Alcott 10. Marie Curie
11. Gertrude Stein 12. Elinore Roosevelt 13. Dorothy Parker 14. Amelia Earhart 15. Katherine Hepburn
16. Frida Kahlo 17. Mary Blair 18. Hedy Lamar 19. Billie Holiday 20. Julia Child
21. Rosa Parks 22. Yoko Ono 23. Gloria Steinem 24. Debbie Harry 25. Kathleen Hanna
These are some of my personal heroes, so it may not be the most thoroughly representative list, but I may change a few people around and swap a few people based on peoples input and sell a nicely printed version. I’m also thinking of maybe selling little buttons with these ladies on them so you can wear your heroes on your heart or your sleeve.
It would be fun to use them as a sort of identifying mark for recognizing other hip ladies in the wild! Who wouldn’t want to make a friends with a girl wearing a little 8-bit Rosa Parks on her lapel?
Also, check this out: I was on the National a couple weeks ago. Yep. Things have been pretty amazing over here.